It has been 5 months since we moved our START HQ and we can finally say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! We originally had planned to have our new warehouse all built and ready to go in about 2 months, but with shipping delays, weather, and other things out of our control, it has been a bit of a journey to get us to where we are now. Here’s a sneak peek of our new home!
Since we’ve been getting settled into our new space we wanted to share with you some office organization tips. Because organization breeds productivity. Whether this is an office for a team, a home office, or even just a corner in a bedroom you can pull tips from this which will help you to be more efficient in your office!
Here are 5 tips to get you started!
- Folders: Even if you go digital with a lot of paper you are still going to have paper to work with. Having a folder to sort, organize, and allocate places for things to live is everything!
STARTbrands is just one of Kristy's companies so we also work on other companies out of here and use this big filing cabinet to sort to make everything easy for end-of-the-year taxes and other reporting!
2. Organization Trays/Containers: Having clear organization trays/containers allows for your desk to be cleared and gives you more time to be productive. We use them in the desk to sort our items and tuck them all away!
3. Labels: Labeling almost everything (especially your files) will visually help you find what you need when you need it. We also label our accessories for shipping. It helps to give everything a "home" and you know what is where!
4. Bring in elements you love. I love greenery and plants. I was a photographer from 2009-2015 so part of my story and journey all led me here. It allows me to feel inspired and grateful for it all!
5. Last but not least. Get rid of clutter and create areas for things. For instance, the printer station is in the center of the room. Easy access for all and all the printing supplies, labels, or other things that go with the printer all live in that section.
As a bonus, we recommend keeping a planner close by. ;) I mean how could we resist? Not just any planner. A STARTplanner is a system that will help keep so much at the forefront of your mind. Allowing for even more productivity!